Online Safety Service
With the recent increase in remote learning and associated use of technology, online safety has become even more important. The Children’s Commissioner website states that:
‘Our work on children growing up in the digital age has exposed the gulf between children’s experiences online and the protections and preparation in place for them.’
Our team are experienced in the national expectations around online safety from Ofsted and the Safer Internet Centre. They help schools and teachers to address some of the concerns, mitigate the risks and help pupils to develop the knowledge and understanding to keep themselves safe. They are also assessors for the Online Safety Mark offered by South West Grid for Learning and Safer Internet Centre.
We provide a package that combines online services and consultancy elements to improve all aspects of online safety, with support that can be delivered through school visits or online. Whether you need help and advice to gain accreditation for your school, or just to improve your online safety provision, our service helps ensures that you are doing the best you can to safeguard staff, pupils, parents and your organisation and to manage online safety risks.
Our consultants provide:
- a full audit of online safety provision and recommendations about how to improve your provision, policy development work and support towards online safety mark accreditation
- a comprehensive induction for senior leaders, safeguarding leads, or subject leaders that are new to managing online safety
- an online safety briefing to governors, teaching staff or parents, as well as capacity building to develop understanding for support staff
- a workshop or assembly for all or some of your year groups
- work with a target group to address a school specific issue which can also involve parents working alongside the children
Our full package includes these items at a discounted rate:
- Whisper anonymous reporting tool for online safety incidents and concerns
- Reputation alert tool to monitor your schools online reputation
- A range of training resources that can be used with staff throughout the year
- Free webinars that staff can attend, focused on range of current issues
- Resources support for primary and secondary levels.
For more information visit the South West Grid for Learning Site at Online Safety BOOST – Safeguarding Toolkit for Schools | SWGfL.
Option 1 – Full package, which includes:
- half a day of expert online safety support
- one year’s subscription to BOOST from the South West Grid for Learning at a discounted rate
Option 2 – Half a day of expert online safety support
In addition we also have freely available online safety teaching resources on our Computing Scheme of Work site. Integra Computing Scheme of Work – Home (sgcyp.org.uk)