General Data Protection Regulations are coming! Are you ready?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force on 25 May 2018 introducing new rules regarding Data Protection of personal data and fines of up to €20 for the most serious breaches. This is an
essential introduction to GDPR so that you understand the changes in legislation and what actions you need to consider to ensure you are prepared for the change.
Getting ready for GDPR
Who should attend?
All data owners and processors (including School Heads and Business Managers) should attend, as well as stakeholders such as clerks, data managers and school governors.
- Understand your organisation’s obligations under the new regulations and plan for the introduction of the GDPR.
- Take away a self-assessment template so your organisation can start the planning.
- Benefit from unique insights into the implications of GDPR for Public Bodies from our certified EU GDPR Practitioner.
- Find out about further support available.
Topics covered on the course will include:
- Understand your current obligations under the Data Protection Act.
- The broad implications of the GDPR and how will it affect your organisation
- How can you make sure your organisation is fully prepared for the introduction of GDPR?
- The essential steps for drafting a Data Protection Impact Assessment.
- Key GDPR requirements surrounding data breaches and notification of a breach
- What role can Data Protection Officers play in preparing for GDPR?
- What will a Data Protection Officer do?
- Ensuring compliance from other providers.
Available Sessions – Click on course reference to book now!
BAWA 17 October 2017 09:30 – 12:00 course ref: ICT/17/412
Chipping Sodbury Town Hall 1 November 2017 09:30 – 12:00 course ref: ICT/17/413
Somerdale Pavilion 7 November 2017 09:30 – 12:00 course ref: ICT/17/414
Cost per delegate: £45 including refreshments
If you have problems with the link please either contact 01454 867171 or email email@example.com