Calling all year 2 teachers and senior leaders in primary schools our Teacher Assessment in Mathematics, a complete guide for year 2 teachers is now published. This comprehensive book has been written in response to requests from Year 2
teachers for a bank of additional activities to support assessing against the framework for Teacher Assessment at the end of Key Stage 1. The bank
of activities is also supported with advice on how to track and plan for both the
national curriculum and the interim framework throughout the year.
The book is written in eight sections providing Year 2 teachers with:
• key information about the differences between the national curriculum and
the interim assessment framework
• a set of activities that meet the aims of the national curriculum that complement those in the national exemplification materials
• a range of games, skill activities, problem solving and reasoning activities
• short assessment activities with ideas for number of the week and word of
• signposts to websites and other useful resources
• templates and resources for the activities and most importantly the answers!
If you are interested in further support with assessment or any aspect of the curriculum then please contact us on 01454 863185 or email Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org